Community Program and Outreach Intern - Fall 2018 (10-15 hrs. per week)
Reports to: Community Program and Outreach Coordinator
Intern will assist the Community Programs & Outreach Coordinator in the following areas:
- After School Program: Oct 2018- May 2019
- Will be responsible for assisting in tutoring and prep of after-school program, as well as be available to help pick up students from Luis Muñoz Marin School, and walk with them to Caroline House.
- Summer School Program: June 2019- July 2019
- Will assist in the planning of the program, which happens the week before, and assist in tutoring during the program itself.
- General assistance: Fall 2018 and/or Spring 2019
- With office and clerical work: up to the Community Programs & Outreach Coordinatorr’s discretion
This internship will come with guaranteed mentor-ship and potential college credit, as well as the experience and exposure of non-profit maintenance and management.
Begin/End Time: September 15th 2018- December 19th 2018 ;( Winter Recess); January 10th 2019-May 2019
This is an unpaid position, however we will offer college credit and/or service hours if applicable. (See attached form for schooling credit information)
Organizational skills, Microsoft Office, work well with students ages 6-14, bilingual (English/Spanish; English/Kreyol) preferred but not required, public speaking, and multitasking are all encouraged!