How to Help
Special Events Intern - Fall 2018 (10-15 hrs. per week)
Reports to: Development Director
The Special Events Intern will play a role in the planning, execution and evaluation of a number of fundraising and donor cultivation events. The candidate must be able to work independently as well as with a team, be proactive, organized, and extremely attentive to details. He/She must be able to work well under pressure and be eager to get hands-on event experience.
This position reports to the Development Director.
- Assist with planning of events.
- Assist with the technical logistics of the events.
- Assist development department with administrative duties and special projects as needed.
- Hands-on event day set up and breakdown.
Our ideal candidate is a mission-focused undergraduate or graduate student seeking a meaningful event internship experience and is:
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Extremely organized and a multi-tasker
- Able to work independently
- At least 18 years old and has own vehicle.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to lift and/or carry items weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Intern will gain invaluable hands-on event production & planning experience.
- Intern will gain better understanding of fundraising & nonprofit events
- Intern will gain knowledge of event budgeting and the importance of meeting goals.
- This internship is based out of our office in Bridgeport, CT
- Internship will run from September 2018 through December 2018
- Internship is part-time and approximately 15 hours per week, with some evening and weekend hours required.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /year
Application Deadline: September 1, 2018 Position Start Date: September 15, 2018